The application for 2021-2022 school year will be available on October 2, 2020. The Baldwin School partners with School and Student Services (SSS), to host our financial aid application. To begin your application, please complete the . You only need to complete one PFS, even if you are applying for multiple children. Step 1 – Preparing to Apply
- Technical Considerations. When applying online, Google Chrome is the recommended browser. The Baldwin School code is 1468.
- (2021-2020 Coming Soon). This is a helpful document to read through before you begin the application. Whether this is your first time or you have completed the PFS in the past, it is a valuable guide for you to follow!
- Information you need to gather. Page 2 of the PFS Workbook provides a handy chart identifying the types of questions you will need to answer and the documentation you will need to access to support your response. Gathering this information is the best place to start!
Step 2 – Completing your PFS
- The PFS for the 2021-2022 school year will be available beginning October 2, 2020.
- Go to the website and select
- New Families: If you are applying for the first time, click on the green “Create an Account”. You will be asked to enter your name and email address and to select a password.
- Returning Families: If you applied last year, enter your login and password from last year in the section titled, “Returning Families.” If you have forgotten your login information, click on “forgot your password.”
- Begin a PFS for the Academic Year 2021-2022
- Please use your legal name, as it appears on your Federal Income Tax 1040 form, as well as your daughter’s legal name, as it appears on her birth certificate and Baldwin application for admission. Variations in name, you or your daughter, can result in a delayed evaluation for financial assistance.
- Once you begin your PFS, you can complete and submit your information in one sitting or you can save your information and revisit at any time, provided you submit by December 1, 2020. If you choose to complete in one sitting, allow 2 hours to review the resources and collect the information, then another two hours to complete the application. Remember, it is time well spent!
- Since the deadline is December 1, 2020, please use your Federal Income Tax form 1040 for 2019 as well as your W-2 statements to enter your income and assets.
- If you have questions as you complete the PFS, please contact SSS customer service at 800-344-8328.
Step 3 – Pay for and submit your PFS
Whew! The hard part is over, you have completed your information and now you can submit your PFS. Great job!
The fee to submit is $55.00 and represents a flat fee, regardless of the number of children or number of schools.
Step 4 – Required Documents
The following documents are required to complete your Parent Financial Statement. These documents are due on or before December 1, 2020.
- 2019 IRS Federal 1040 Form
- 2019 IRS Federal Schedules (if applicable)
- 2019 W-2 Forms (unless self-employed)
- (if applicable)
- Please submit this form directly to the Admissions Office.
The following documents are required by March 1, 2021:
- 2020 IRS Federal 1040 Form
- 2020 IRS Federal Schedules (if applicable)
- 2020 W-2 Forms (unless self-employed)
After submitting your PFS, you will then have access to a section called “My Documents." Please scan and upload your 2019 1040 tax form and W-2 with the Parent Financial Statement. Please submit your 2020 1040 tax form no later than March 1, 2021 for verification.
Note: All Financial Aid awards are verified using your Federal Income Tax 1040 form. Baldwin reserves the right to amend financial aid awards in the event the self-reported information on the PFS differs from the information included on the Federal Income Tax 1040 form.